You have actually listened to the grumbles throughout your group. The existing system isn’t functioning and also it’s creating missed out on due dates, even more job, and also a lot of frustrations. You understand you require a modification, and also you desire to provide Notion project management a shot.
Notion is just one of one of the most adaptable job devices available, and also it’s utilized for every little thing from constructing data sources to individual efficiency and also even more But if you desire to utilize it for project management, below are 5 points you’ll require to look after very first.
What is Notion?
According to the individuals at Notion themselves, Notion is a solitary work area every group can rely upon to obtain their job done. It’s a solid paperwork system, a data source building contractor, a project management device, and also a lot more. Because it’s so adaptable, you can make Notion right into anything you require it to be and also tailor it as you function.
One of the wonderful features of Notion is the large quantity of layouts available, implying you do not always require to construct any one of it on your own. Just locate a theme that benefits you and also include it to your work area. It makes Notion project management a whole lot smoother.
How does Notion job?
Where one more project management device could have jobs and also jobs, Notion has blocks and also web pages. You usage obstructs to produce web pages inNotion A block can be nearly anything, from a paragraph to an item of media to a table. A web page is typically constructed from blocks, similarly you could construct a site in WordPress. One degree up from web pages are data sources which are, you presumed it, composed of numerous web pages. Usually, Notion project management will certainly depend upon among these data sources. Here are the ones you can construct with Notion.
Love your spread sheets? Notion’s tables are component data source, component reporting device. Add areas for every little thing from tags to telephone number, filter info by details information factors, utilize solutions, and also every little thing else you would certainly anticipate from a spread sheet.
Die- tough Kanban follower? Notion’s boards allow you track collaborate with this traditional approach. Move cards in between columns, open them to include even more info, and also obtain even more done.
Need to maintain points a little bit easier? A List web page will immediately include 3 sub-pages. You can utilize this data source to listing clients, maintain jobs bought by concern, and also a lot more.
Tracking time-sensitive info? Maybe you require to maintain your conference routine in one area? Add info to schedules and also they’ll act a little bit like Kanban cards. You can tailor these cards as extensively as any type of various other Notion web page.
Here’s that state of mind board we were speaking about previously. With a Gallery, you can present vital info in a much more aesthetic means. Maybe you’re picking in between brand-new logo design layouts, or you desire to maintain web site updates arranged.
Are you a devoted Gantt graph enthusiast? Timelines duplicate the Gantt graphes you understand and also enjoy, so you can keep an eye on reliances throughout your jobs. Click on any type of card to increase and also tailor it.
Want to understand even more regarding just how to usage Notion? Check out our newbie’s guide below.
5 points you’ll require for Notion project management
Buy- in from stakeholders
Before you can move recurring and also future jobs to a brand-new device, you require buy-in That implies going to the best stakeholders, pitching Notion project management, and also managing their arguments. Here are a couple of methods you can see to it you obtain buy-in from stakeholders prior to you do the effort of placing every little thing right into Notion:
- Get individuals in your corner: If you understand you have 5 individuals to persuade and also 2 of them are the majority of the means there, begin with them. That means, you can constantly state “I’ve already got buy-in from person X and person Y.” You can likewise begin with individuals included with the everyday job also if they do not decide. It’s less complicated to persuade a group lead they need to change to a brand-new device if their entire group believes so, also.
- Compare Notion to the old system: What are the groups at your company making use of today? A Trello board? An e-mail chain? Take the moment to locate the locations where that system is stopping working and also clarify just how Notion can fill up these spaces– concrete instances aid, also.
- Use numbers: Stakeholders enjoy numbers. It provides something to draw on when somebody at some point tests their choice. Find Key Performance Indicators that highlight what Notion can do for your jobs– like time conserved, cash invested, or jobs finished.
- Run a pilot project: Try making use of Notion for a tiny project and also see just how it goes. With a trial run currently under your belt, it’ll be that a lot easier to obtain buy-in for future jobs.
Identify that you require buy-in from, use these suggestions, and also rather quickly all you’ll have left to do is really begin making use of the device.
A refresher course on Notion
You might understand the ins and also outs of making use of Notion, however does the remainder of the company? One of the most difficult components of including a brand-new device to your group’s pile is the finding out contour. Some devices, while a fantastic suitable for a group’s demands, will not be embraced since they’re also hard to find out. The ideal means to minimize this is to prepare for that finding out contour with sources your groups can rely upon.
Start them off with our newbie’s guide forNotion It covers just how Notion functions, from web pages to obstructs and also data sources. Your groups will certainly be constructing Notion web pages quickly. If you’re currently accustomed to Notion and also subscribed to Unito, we have a convenient walkthrough on just how to sync Notion with Google Calendar.
From there, locate paperwork as the requirement occurs. Notion has a vivid area that can aid you locate solutions for concerns that turn up as your groups take on the device.
The right Notion project management approach
One of the primary benefits of project management in Notion is adaptability. You can construct a web page to cover any type of sort of usage situation in simply a couple of clicks. But occasionally, having that lots of choices can make starting challenging. What should you construct initially? How will you understand when you have every little thing you require?
Before you attempt and also find out what you need to integrate in Notion, begin by choosing a project management approach. This will certainly aid you figure out just how your group will certainly function, and also from there you can construct what you require. Here are a couple of instances of project management methods you can attempt:
- Kanban: Imagine your project as a large white boards covered in Post-It notes. Each note stands for a solitary job you require to complete. As service that job advances, it obtains relocated from left to right, taking a trip via various columns up until it’s done. This can be constructed in Notion with a Board web page.
- Scrum: With this approach, your groups will certainly operate in “sprints,” intermittent durations of job that typically last regarding 2 weeks. This approach is commonly utilized by software application groups.
- Agile: One of one of the most adaptable methods available. Teams that utilize the Agile structure are constantly all set to re-reprioritize their job as required.
- Waterfall: This approach tracks reliances from one job to the following. Projects are split right into straight stages. Each job and also stage should be finished consequently up until the project is done. The resulting timeline looks a little bit like a falls.
- Lean: The key objective of a lean approach is removing redundancies. It presses you to consider every procedure, every process, and also locate points to eliminated.
Once you have actually determined which project management approach you desire to usage– or which one you’re currently making use of– you can begin constructing the web pages you’ll require.
Basic Notion project management web pages
After every person discovers the device and also you have actually made a strategy, you can begin constructing the web pages you’ll require for project management inNotion Because Notion is such a versatile device, you can customize it to your certain project rather than attempting to make a pre-built device fit your demands. Here’s a malfunction of the web pages you’ll desire to construct prior to making use of Notion:
- A job management system: This’ll look various relying on the project management approach you have actually picked. Maybe you’ll construct a Kanban board, a Gantt graph, or an item stockpile.
- A wiki: You’ll require an area to maintain all the paperwork your group requires, from project briefs to diverse deliverables. Notion makes constructing a woven wiki incredibly simple.
- Template directory site: Why go back to square one with every project? Make certain to conserve brand-new web pages someplace as you construct them, this way you’ll have layouts for every little thing you require.
- Meeting tracker: Even if you’re making use of Google schedule, you require an area to maintain conference schedules, activity things, and also conference mins.
- A roadmap: You require a method to share your group’s top priorities with stakeholders. With a roadmap, you can reveal campaigns, due days, and also deliverables.
With these web pages constructed, you’ll prepare to begin. You could at some point require to mass up your Notion project management system, however you can do that as required.
Notion project management layouts
Want to begin also quicker? Notion has a lots of project management layouts in their gallery for every little thing from individual job management to structure item roadmaps.
Alternatively, you can take a look at our failure of the 28 ideal cost-free Notion layouts from around the internet– consisting of a few of our very own.
The best assimilation
Now you’re good to go up in Notion and also your groups are doing wonderful. But possibly you’re collaborating with individuals that will not– or can not– move to your preferred device. They could be making use of something like Jira to handle item job, or they rely upon a a lot more specific niche device like GitHub or HubSpot. Either means, making cooperation occur in between you is difficult.
Unless you have the best assimilation.
With Unito, you can construct deep, two-way circulations in between leading job devices and also damage vital information out of device silos. That implies you can obtain all your Notion project management done without duplicating job over to one more device.
Want to understand even more?
See just how our Notion assimilation functions, what it sustains, and also what you can complete with it.
Learn a lot more.