Although a few facts are known, it is still unknown what happened to Tiffany Valiante on the day she died.

Tiffany and her parents, Dianne and Steve, celebrated Tiffany’s graduation on July 12, 2015. Tiffany’s friend approached her parents around nine o’clock that evening and informed them that she had used her debit card while staying at their Mays Landing home.

The Daily Beast claims that this conversation lasted less than ten minutes, despite the discovery of a receipt from the card in Tiffany’s room. Tiffany is also said to have denied the allegations. However, her parents handled the situation. However, Dianne claimed that she saw Tiffany put the disputed debit card in her pocket while looking through her daughter’s car. When Dianne went into her house to summon her husband, Tiffany was nowhere to be found.

Hours later, her parents began to be concerned and looked around; it was then that they discovered her cell phone at the bottom of their driveway.

Tiffany, according to her mother, never left the house without her phone.

Her parents were so concerned by 11:30 p.m. that they called the police; however, four miles away, a New Jersey Transit train traveling southbound at 80 mph had struck Valiante 27 minutes earlier.

Theories behind Valiante’s de*ath

She Committed Sui*cide

Tiffany’s case was closed the day after she died because the state determined she committed sui*cide.

“I was taken aback. “I couldn’t understand how they could come up with that,” Dianne says in the Netflix series.

My daughter, she wasn’t depressed. She had no intention of committing sui*cide. Tiffany was happy. She was making plans to go to college, plans with her roommate, and plans to play softball that Wednesday. She and her friends were going to Great Adventure the next morning.

Tiffany was mur*dered

“There was no way in hell she committed sui*cide,” her mother says in the film. Tiffany’s friends and family found it difficult to believe.

Tiffany’s family did not believe she had committed sui*cide, despite the state’s decision, and a few hints gave them hope that there was more to the story than first appeared.

There were several discrepancies between the circumstances of Tiffany’s de*ath and the verdict. Tiffany, for example, was last seen fully dressed by her parents, but she was discovered barefoot and only wearing her underwear.

Tiffany’s missing shoes and headband were discovered in a neat pile more than a mile from where she died on the tracks two weeks after Tiffany’s de*ath, when Dianne began to question the official conclusion and set out to find her own answers. Her parents were perplexed because the autopsy revealed nothing about her feet that would suggest she had walked this distance barefoot.

According to Paul D’Amato, the family’s attorney, they were horrified by the situation after winning a court order requiring the testing of the evidence.

According to, the family was shown a photograph of an axe discovered nearby with “red markings” on it, but it could not be tested because it had vanished.

“NJ Transit got the ax,” D’Amato declared. “How do you lose an axe?” is the question.

A spokesman for NJ Transit declined to comment at the time.

Tiffany’s parents are still unsure what happened to their daughter, but they believe she was kidnapped from the street, sexually assaulted, and then chased into the path of the train.

In 2017, D’Amato said, “You have parents and sisters who have to live with the fact that some government agency concluded that their loved one committed su*icide when the fundamentals of a sui*cide investigation weren’t done.” In this situation, we are attempting to right a wrong for their benefit.

“We have no doubt Tiffany did not commit sui*cide, and the medical examiner’s office committed a serious error by incorrectly classifying her demise as a sui*cide,” he said. We hope that, in addition to the proper classification, this legal action will result in the prosecution of those responsible for her de*ath.

The reward for information leading to the capture and conviction of those responsible for Tiffany’s de*ath has been doubled to $40,000 as a result of Tiffany’s case being featured on Unsolved Mysteries.

Tiffany’s parents claimed she was kidnapped and mur*dered just days before starting her incredibly promising college career. “We know every day Tiffany is looking down on us, giving us the strength to help find those who snatched her and were responsible for her de*ath just before she was to start her extremely promising college career,” they continued.

“We know a lot of people who agree with us that Tiffany’s de*ath was not a sui*cide, that the case was closed too soon, and that the full truth about how and why she died has yet to be revealed.” “The combination of this new, thoroughly researched, fact-based program and the increased reward may just be what’s needed to help get Tiff’s case reopened,” they continued through family friend and attorney Paul D’Amato.

Similar Posts