On the night of June 3, 1991, Eduardo Colin entered a Super 8 motel in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The local man asked for a room for two. He was given room 233 and had to check out by 11 AM the next day. Eduardo filled out a registration form with legitimate information except for a fake license plate number.

Two days later, employees sent a security guard to Eduardo’s room after they realized he had not checked out. The door was locked from the inside, so the guard had to use a screwdriver to open it. Nothing seemed amiss in the room, but when he looked in the bathroom, he found a woman’s body hanging from the shower head.

The woman with curly strawberry blond hair used a suitcase strap to die by suicide. Her decomposed body is believed to have been there for two days. She was between 18 and 35, 5ft 7in, and 140 lbs. She was white, possibly Hispanic.

At the time of her de*ath, she had heroin in her system. The woman was wearing a multi-colored tank top from the brand Trends and Georges Marciano white denim jeans.

There was a digital scale on the motel room table. It had “George Martinez” written on it and may have been used to weigh packages of drugs. The name was popular in the area so police couldn’t track this person down.

On the table was also a photo of the deceased woman with a man. It was taken at a mall photo booth shortly before the suicide. She did not have any form of identification with her belongings.

Although a motel employee said the man in the photograph was Eduardo Colin, police would later find this untrue. It took several years, but they located Eduardo’s family and showed them the photo. They did not know who either person was. However, his handwriting and signature confirmed Eduardo was the one who filled out the registration form. Unfortunately, he had died of natural causes years before being found.

The man in the picture remains unknown. Items collected from the scene were not swabbed for DNA and have since been destroyed.

In 2021, authorities announced they had received an important tip regarding the unidentified woman. She is now believed to have been named “Becca” and may have been from Los Angeles, perhaps the Reseda or Sylmar area. She had likely flown from Los Angeles or Burbank to Albuquerque.

Despite this breakthrough, “Becca” remains unidentified 32 years later.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *