A young Oklahoma mom has been found de*ad on a barge on the Mississippi River — days after she was arrested for repeatedly calling 911 pleading for help.

Hailey Silas’ body was found about 7 a.m. Saturday while the barge’s crew was performing an inspection while traveling the Mississippi River near Shelby Forest in Tennessee.

Less than a week earlier, the 22-year-old mom was arrested for calling 911 several times Sunday from a gas station across from Southland Casino, according to the outlet.

She reportedly asked authorities to give her a ride out of West Memphis, Arkansas, because she was scared of something and was having a “panic attack.”

After Silas was taken to a station in handcuffs, she asked to talk to her parents, saying she was scared and confused.

It was not immediately clear what she was scared of, but the young mom also asked to be taken to a “psych ward,” the report said.

She pleaded guilty on Wednesday last week to a misdemeanor of communicating a false alarm and was given a suspended sentence of time served, according to records cited by the outlet.

A psychological evaluation report has also been filed but its contents were not disclosed.

Her body was found three days after her guilty plea.

It was unclear what brought the Luther, Oklahoma, resident to the border between Arkansas and Tennessee, but the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office doesn’t believe foul play was involved, WREG reported.

Officials said no identification was found on Silas, but her mom, LaRena Darrow, claimed someone had her phone.

She said when she tried to call it, it was answered by a man she did not know.

“And I said, ‘This is my daughter’s profile, what are you doing on it?’ And he said, ‘Well, I’m sorry, Hailey doesn’t have a phone anymore,’” Darrow told the outlet.

“I don’t want to think about my baby being hurt like that and nobody being there to save her or being there to help her,” she said.

“I have no idea. I had spoken with her Thursday night and she had sent me a couple pictures of her on a bridge and she looked so happy.

“And she was about to go sing karaoke and that was the last time I talked to her,” the grieving mom added. “She was an amazing mother. My grandson is missing out on such a wonderful person. She was such an angel.”

The incident, including the cause of Silas’ d*eath, remains under investigation

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *