The parents of one of three Kansas City Chiefs fans found de*ad in a scientist friend’s backyard say that toxicology reports suggesting they took a de*adly mix of drugs only prove “there’s more to the story.”

David Harrington’s parents insisted there was no closure from reports Friday saying that their 37-year-old son and friends Ricky Johnson, 38, and Clayton McGeeney, 36, had three times the lethal level of fentanyl as well as THC and cocaine in their systems.

“What matters is that he didn’t take that to die,” stepmom Theresa Harrington told NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo.

“It just means that there’s more to the story, there’s more to it than just that.

“He didn’t take that to die,” she continued. “If he took the drugs on his own, he took them to get high.”

Harrington said her son “wasn’t a drug addict or anything like that,” and suggested he may have taken the lethal combination of drugs under “peer pressure.”

Her husband, Jon, also said the toxicology reports do not fully explain how their son and his friends were found frozen and de*ad days after visiting their friend Jordan Willis.

“Somebody gave them something that would k*ill them,” he insisted, saying he believes the de*ad men likely “got them there” at the watch party while conceding he has no way of knowing for sure.

Harrington’s mom also believes it’s telling that police made clear that the investigation is ongoing after initially ruling out anything suspicious.

“We keep getting answers that [police] are still investigating, so there’s something there that they’re saying, ‘Maybe that’s not right,’” she said.

Willis’ attorney John Picerno has repeatedly stated that his client “did nothing wrong” and had no idea his friends were d*ead in his backyard.

The HIV scientist is understood to have checked himself into rehab for an unknown addiction in the days after the de*aths.

Kansas City police spokesperson Alayna Gonzalez confirmed to People magazine Monday that “the case remains an ongoing de*ath investigation.”

“Both KCPD Detectives and the Platte County Prosecutor’s Office have been in touch with the deceased men’s families and remain in contact with them as the investigation unfolds.”

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *